The AWS Cloud Development Kit (AWS CDK) is an open source software development framework to model and provision your cloud application resources using familiar programming languages.1
Table of contents
npm install -g aws-cdk pip install --upgrade aws-cdk.core
AWS Creating Profiles - You must specify your credentials and an AWS Region to use the AWS CDK CLI. The CDK looks for credentials and region in the following order:
- Using the --profile option to cdk commands.
- Using environment variables.
- Using the default profile as set by the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI).
$ mkdir cdk-project $ cd cdk-project $ cdk init app --language python $ source .env/bin/activate $ pip install -r requirements.txt
The stacks defined in your AWS CDK app can be deployed individually or together using the commands below. Generally, you should be in your project's main directory when you issue them.3
- cdk synth: Synthesizes a AWS CloudFormation template from one or more of the stacks in your AWS CDK app.
- cdk deploy: Deploys the resources defined by one or more of the stacks in your AWS CDK app to AWS.