Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework, created by Taylor Otwell and intended for the development of web applications following the model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern. Some of the features of Laravel are a modular packaging system with a dedicated dependency manager, different ways for accessing relational databases, utilities that aid in application deployment and maintenance, and its orientation toward syntactic sugar.1
Table of contents
- The PHP Framework For Web Artisans
- Laravel News
- Laravel Documentation
- LaraChat - The Slack community for Laravel/PHP Developers
- GitHub - https://github.com/laravel/laravel - Laravel is a web application framework with expressive, elegant syntax. We believe development must be an enjoyable and creative experience to be truly fulfilling.
- PHPStorm - The Lightning-Smart PHP IDE - Laravel Development using PhpStorm
- https://laravel.com/docs/5.5/homestead - Laravel strives to make the entire PHP development experience delightful, including your local development environment. Vagrant provides a simple, elegant way to manage and provision Virtual Machines.
- https://laravel.com/docs/5.5/installation - Installation
- Laravel Windows Workstation - Local LAMP + Laravel
General PHP GitIgnore + Laravel specific:
# Created by https://www.gitignore.io/api/laravel ### Laravel ### vendor/ node_modules/ npm-debug.log # Laravel 4 specific bootstrap/compiled.php app/storage/ # Laravel 5 & Lumen specific public/storage public/hot storage/*.key .env.*.php .env.php .env Homestead.yaml Homestead.json # Rocketeer PHP task runner and deployment package. https://github.com/rocketeers/rocketeer .rocketeer/
Laravel strives to make the entire PHP development experience delightful, including your local development environment. Vagrant provides a simple, elegant way to manage and provision Virtual Machines.
Laravel Homestead is an official, pre-packaged Vagrant box that provides you a wonderful development environment without requiring you to install PHP, a web server, and any other server software on your local machine. No more worrying about messing up your operating system! Vagrant boxes are completely disposable. If something goes wrong, you can destroy and re-create the box in minutes!
Homestead runs on any Windows, Mac, or Linux system, and includes the Nginx web server, PHP 7.1, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Node, and all of the other goodies you need to develop amazing Laravel applications.2
Model-View-Controller - The Front Controller consolidates all request handling by channeling requests through a single handler object. This object can carry out common behavior, which can be modified at runtime with decorators. The handler then dispatches to command objects for behavior particular to a request.4
Instead of defining all of your request handling logic as Closures in route files, you may wish to organize this behavior using Controller classes. Controllers can group related request handling logic into a single class. Controllers are stored in the app/Http/Controllers directory.5
Communication between a host and a client occurs, via a request/response pair. The client initiates an HTTP request message, which is serviced through a HTTP response message in return. 6
Service Container - The Laravel service container is a powerful tool for managing class dependencies and performing Dependency Injection. Dependency Injection is a fancy phrase that essentially means this: class dependencies are "injected" into the class via the constructor or, in some cases, "setter" methods.
- Quick Start Guide: Laravel 5, Bootstrap 3 & Vue.js
- Setting up Laravel and Vue.js
Laravel. (2017, August 22). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved
16:51, August 25, 2017, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Laravel&oldid=796663322