The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role and have one or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.1
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies
- Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements
- Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
The cloud architect must have2
- a complete understanding of the technology required for cloud computing
- experience in designing the applications that will be migrated to the cloud
- the skills to migrate the applications to the cloud
- be able to build relationships between the customers and the team members
- knowledge of a multitude of programming languages including Python, PHP, Java, Node and Ruby on Rails
- the ability and the knowledge to integrate services and tools to any and all areas to be used like networks and data processing
- the ability and the knowledge to implement security information and event management to keep the company’s assets safe
- the responsibility of making sure that the requirements of all service-level agreements are met
Table of contents
- Amazon EC2 FAQs
- Amazon S3 Frequently Asked Questions
- Amazon VPC FAQs
- Amazon Route 53 FAQs
- Amazon RDS FAQs
- Amazon SQS FAQs
- Prepare for AWS Certification
- AWS Certification
- Linux Academy - AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level
- AWS Command Line Interface
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (Released February 2018) SAA-C01 Exam Guide
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C01) Sample Exam Questions
- Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (Digital)
The Well-Architected Framework has been developed to help cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for their applications. Based on five pillars — operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization — the Framework provides a consistent approach for customers and partners to evaluate architectures, and implement designs that will scale over time.3
The reliability pillar focuses on the ability to prevent, and quickly recover from failures to meet business and customer demand. Key topics include foundational elements around setup, cross project requirements, recovery planning, and how we handle change.
- Choose reliable/resilient storage.
- Determine how to design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services.
- Determine how to design a multi-tier architecture solution.
- Determine how to design high availability and/or fault tolerant architectures.
The performance efficiency pillar focuses on using IT and computing resources efficiently. Key topics include selecting the right resource types and sizes based on workload requirements, monitoring performance, and making informed decisions to maintain efficiency as business needs evolve.
- Choose performant storage and databases.
- Apply caching to improve performance.
- Design solutions for elasticity and scalability.
The security pillar focuses on protecting information & systems. Key topics include confidentiality and integrity of data, identifying and managing who can do what with privilege management, protecting systems, and establishing controls to detect security events.
- Determine how to secure application tiers.
- Determine how to secure data.
- Define the networking infrastructure for a single VPC application.
Cost Optimization focuses on avoiding un-needed costs. Key topics include understanding and controlling where money is being spent, selecting the most appropriate and right number of resource types, analyzing spend over time, and scaling to meet business needs without overspending.
- Determine how to design cost-optimized storage.
- Determine how to design cost-optimized compute.
The operational excellence pillar focuses on running and monitoring systems to deliver business value, and continually improving processes and procedures. Key topics include managing and automating changes, responding to events, and defining standards to successfully manage daily operations.
- Choose design features in solutions that enable operational excellence.